FatBoy SS HD-MINI Helical Gear Drive 1:4 Ratio for FatBoy Finality/320 or Trampa Vertigo E-MTB CNC Precision. This version is all milled gears in-house using outer-gear style gearing with much higher tooth size for hardcore power delivery. This kit does not require any alteration to the hanger.
Version 2. New and improved gear drive casing. Groove has been added for the V-Ring to keep the grease inside and prevent spraying also to prevent debris from getting in even better than before.
New all aluminium EN AW-6082-T651 gear drive with steel /plastic gears, V-ring and other improvements.
This is a pre-assembled gear drive for ease of use and possibility to ride as soon as possible!
You can choose a custom anodizing color by clicking here
Comes with pre-set gear meshing and initial angle (15 deg, front side). Angle can be changed before putting this setup on the deck, (3 total positions).
Angle adjustment is not threadlocked. It is not necessary, but recommended to use a bit of threadlocker after setting up wanted angle.
Every other drive train screw is initially threadlocked.
All bearings are pressed in using a thermal press method, not press-fit, especially not foot press-fit.
All bearings are pressed into Aluminium.
- Helical gear drives use angular contact ball bearings to sustain the axial loads.
Gear types and materials:
- Wheel gear is machined from plastic (harder than POM, equivalent to aluminium hardness).
- Wheel adapter is aluminium.
- Motor gear is steel.
All parts are made in the EU
FatBoy Hubs , All MegaStar , SuperStar , MBS Rockstar Pro , MBS Rockstar II
|FatBoy Finality||6350, 6355, 6360, 6365, 6374, 6384, 6396|
|FatBoy 320||6350, 6355, 6360, 6365, 6374, 6384, 6396|
|Vertigo - Infinity||6350, 6355, 6360, 6365, 6374, 6384, 6396|
Using Maytech motors or other motors with axle length <=25mm doesn't require cutting off the motor shaft!
Easy steps to assemble:
- Add thread lock (Loctite 648) on the motor shaft, insert the key into the keyway slot.
- Push the motor shaft with the key into the drive gear.
Add thread lock (Loctite 648) to motor screws, screw the motor to the mount.
- Liberally add the provided grease after everything has cured.
- Close the gear drive.
- Make sure you add a little bit of grease under the V-Groove ring!
- Mount it on the baseplate.
- Ride and enjoy!
Pre-Assembled Kit Contains:
- 2 x Motor spur gear 8mm shaft
- 2 x Wheel Gears
- 2 x Hanger mount adapters
- 2 x Baseplates with the motor mount holes
- 2 x Gearbox Aluminium covers
- 2 x V-Ring
- Screw kit
- Gear lubrication
- 2x For options FatBoy320 - the hangers is included.
Motor spur gear hole re-machining to 10mm with keyway here
Bumper files for printing can be found here
Whole gear drive weighs 2000g.